Saturday, May 3, 2014

Assemblage of Pungent Creatures

Hello!
This one is dedicated to all the people in the world who are extremely critical of others and do not have the word called 'encouragement' in their dictionary. For our own well being, such creatures are best left ignored.
I feel they are the most pungent company one can have and hence the title!
*************************************************************

Am happy
‘Really?’ YES!
‘Always? Even when your day is crappy?’
Well..more or less

Its not coz of my luck
Nor coz I’m blessed
People around me treat me like a puck
they are nasty and totally messed

But hey!
 A lot can piss me off but nothing can put me down

I try something new
Someone says its crazy
I set goals for myself..very few
Someone else says I’ll go ‘woops-a-daisy’!

Whenever I need support
Why is that the naysayers are always around?
I never summon these jesters to my court
Yet they arrive unannounced, the bloodhounds!

But hey!
A lot a make me cry but nothing can put me down

I am at peace with what I am
and what I have
They say “Not good enough” for both. Damn!
It makes me want to rave!

Have to tolerate malice 
in the name of humor
Want to make them drink poison from a chalice
Want to cuss them till their ears hurt. but I just murmur

But hey!
A lot can make my Mad but nothing can put me down

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice Medini...
This is the first poem i have read of yours and I am already impressed!
Didn't know that not only are you a good writer but you are a wonderful poet as well.

The one thing i like is how you transformed the anger into a rhythmic infusion. Also even in the direst of the circumstances, the positive never say die attitude! A very nice blend.

Looking forward to more poems :)

Anonymous said...

Has poetry ever evolved out of perfect settings in life! Anger/disgust has brought out a beautiful volley of words-Sara