Saturday, May 10, 2014

Facts for the Singletons

Hello!
 Now that I've started writing poems again..can't seem to stop! The inspiration for this one? Well..One of my single friends was bemoaning about the plights of 'singleness' the other day. That got me thinking about all the 'other' stuff being in a relationship will put you through.  So here it is!
**********************************************

In sickness and in health
I will walk with you
Your hand in mine..That’s our wealth
Letting you go? No can do!

Though in love we are and still falling
I guarantee we will fight
Nasty ones with name calling
Behave in a way that’ll make it a horrid sight

My Temper – Fearsome
You tongue – Acid in it’s purest form
My temper can make things gruesome
Your tongue will take the gruesome stuff and blaze ‘em

Us living under the same roof?
In concert: the devil and the deep blue sea!
The Lovey Dovey stuff will vanish – Poof!
‘Guilty as charged!’ That’s what we plea

I may scream “I’ll kill you!”
You may swear “Leave you I will!”
That’s something we’ll never do
Coz I’m to you and You are for me..the drug, the pill

But through it all, we’ll survive somehow
We’ll make up with a passionate kiss
Coz one will exit the fight with a bow
And the guilt ridden other will give argument a miss

Whatever we do..it’s with passion!
Be it love or fight
For this emotion, don’t reduce the ration
Without it nothing seems right!

Killing the passion should be a felony
So for all the singles out there
Finding your soul mate is not a destiny
It’s the beginning of a journey ..be prepared!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome !!

Unknown said...

Very nice one ...and very true..

Unknown said...

Honestly, This poem has been very educational. So thats a special thanks to you! :)
Have heard many versions of the same storyline as stories & all but never as a poem. That too one thats beautifully done!

Anonymous said...

It's a beauty when the routine comes out in the most poetic form -Sara